Become a Mentor
Building relationships; exploring values, interests and goals, you will find yourself making a difference and having a positive effect on a young person's life. You will be learning more about yourself, too, no matter what age you decide to start mentoring. Mentoring doesn't just affect the young person. Mentoring is a shared opportunity for learning and growth. Many mentors say that the rewards they gain are as substantial, because mentoring enables them to:
- Have fun.
- Achieve personal growth, learn more about themselves.
- Improve their self-esteem and feel they are making a difference.
- Gain a better understanding of other cultures and develop a greater appreciation for diversity.
- Feel more productive and have a better attitude at work.
- Enhance their relationships with their own children.